Tuesday 18 February 2014

Shabby Annies by Paula Wagner

Shabby Annies by Paula Wagner
I’ve had a long and intense relationship with craft, exploring lots of different modes and experimenting with any little bits and pieces I can get my hands on to appease my bower bird tendencies (not that there’s anything wrong with that!). 

My addictive journey has led me to the exciting business of designing and making shabby chic and vintage inspired dolls - Shabby Annies. I feel lucky that I’m able to bring joy and happiness to women of all ages with my little Annies, a little piece of my heart goes out in all of them. I am always on the lookout for high quality fabric, trim, wool and embellishments to make them just right.

I’ve absolutely fallen in love with the couture boxes from Pitt Trading.  They are co-ordinated so all I need to do when it’s time to dress a Shabby Annie Art Doll is pick a colour and go for it.
The lace stretch trims make beautiful underwear and corsets for my Shabby Annies, and the larger pieces of lace make wonderfully romantic petticoats under their dresses.

The ribbons, bows and flowers are fantastic for embellishing their dresses and hair to make each doll unique and bring an individual style to each Annie.

I recently purchased some of the crochet edged chiffon ruffle trim from Pitt Trading which has inspired a whole new line of dolls – Penni Annies.  These little cuties are only 6 inches tall and the trim is simply the perfect size for their little dresses.



No comments:

Post a Comment