Wednesday 19 March 2014

What I wore

This dress is an oldie but a goodie.
I think it's the fabric that I like the most, it's a polyester de chine. Light enough to be cool to wear but not see through so no need for lining or a slip.
For me, this dress definitely needs a belt. That said, this style could suit lots of different figure types.



There are lots of options in these project runway patterns, which I really like. It makes them very versatile, enabling you to use them over and over again without appearing to have only one pattern in your repertoire.
I also like the way the fabric meterage is broken down on the back of the pattern envelope. 
Each element, for example, flared sleeve, short sleeve, mid length sleeve, long sleeve is stated as a separate meterage, allowing you to pick and choose from all the different options to create your desired design. 
I'm getting inspired to try the other options in this pattern now.....
Until next time, Happy sewing.
Julia xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment